A wide range of odor-combating products for shoes is available on the market from shoe sprays to powders, to inserts and many more. As it is, most customers, and especially runners, have their own preferences when it comes to choosing the best shoe deodorizer for them.
Some prefer natural products, while others inspect the list of ingredients to make sure that no harmful chemicals made their way on it.
If you are still looking for the best shoe deodorizers from which to take your pick, check out the list below. The items presented are ranked based on their features, their deodorizing properties, cost, ease of use, and overall effectiveness.
5. Sof Sole Sneaker Balls
- Size: 1.25 inches or 3.175 centimeters in diameter for each ball
- Material: Synthetic
- Practicality: Convenient to use anywhere on shoes and almost any gear
- Colors: Various color schemes with names like Emoji, Hashtag, Sports, Matrix, and Tie Dye
- Specific Features: Small size, several uses, with TX3 odor blocker
The Sof Sole Sneaker Balls are a multipurpose product that can be used not only on your shoes but also for your locker or gym bag. It is a tiny, spherical item that claims to cover even the smelliest of odors, so you never have to worry about them anymore. This product can help make sure that your shoes (and other belongings) have a fresh scent.
One of the reasons why these little balls are on the best shoe deodorizer list is due to their size, as they can fit anywhere. You can easily place them in your shoes or bags, and they do not take up much space.
4. Zederna Cedar Wood Shoe Insoles
- Size: Different sizes available starting from 7.5 for women and 6 for men (both US sizes)
- Material: Cedarwood and cotton
- Practicality: Easy to use for all kinds of closed shoes
- Colors: Cedar/Red
- Specific Features: Natural components, helps with itchy skin and bad-smelling feet
If you do not like deodorizing balls, a thin insert for shoes may be the way to go. This product has a pleasant smell, and many users think it is the best shoe deodorizer, especially because it only uses natural ingredients. It is made of 100% natural cotton and cedar wood and promises that it does not contain any chemicals.
The cedar in this deodorizer inhibits odor-releasing bacteria. Both cotton and wood are biodegradable, so you can count on this product to be environmentally-safe. When it comes to the price, its efficiency and durability make the insoles a cost-effective purchase.
3. Mini Moso Natural Charcoal Air Purifying Bag
- Size: 2.08 ounces or 58.968 grams
- Material: Porous Moso bamboo charcoal
- Durability: Quite durable, can last for up to two years
- Practicality: Long-lasting and effective in removing odors on any type of fabric
- Colors: Gray
- Specific Features: Reusable and recyclable, uses just one ingredient
If the best shoe deodorizer for you is the one that also absorbs excess moisture, you may want to consider this product. It comes in a mesh bag that contains Moso Bamboo Charcoal. According to its description, it is non-toxic and does not have a fragrance. This also does not contain any chemicals, which makes it an excellent choice for people who do not want to be exposed to certain chemicals and scents.
The product is eco-friendly, and you can recycle it by dumping the charcoal into your yard to recycle it. Its goal, though, is just to remove moisture, which can be disappointing for those who want to improve the smell of their footwear.
2. Rocket Pure Natural Mint Shoe Deodorizer
- Size: 150 mL or 5 fluid ounces
- Material: It is in a spray bottle packed in a bag with a clamp made of natural fibers.
- Ingredients include water, citric acid, copper citrate, zinc citrate, and silver citrate
- Practicality: Effective and results can last for a long time
- Specific Features: Removes bacteria and odors from feet and shoes, with organic materials and ODEO Active to prevent athlete’s foot, among others
If you’re looking for a foot spray that also works as a moisturizer and an odor eliminator for your shoes, this is the product for you. This can be a top pick, especially if you have athlete’s foot and want to spray it on your feet and shoes as well. The product claims to have been tested under harsh conditions and that it can completely remove odors – depending on the footwear type.
It uses natural ingredients, including organic copper and silver, which can kill bacteria-related odors. The spray has a long-lasting effect and may even help those with cracks or cuts on their feet.
1. Dr. Scholl’s Odor X
- Size: 6.2 ounces or 175.77 grams
- Material: Powder
- Practicality: Can be effective in preventing odors
- Specific Features: Comes in a sure-grip bottle for easy and secure carrying, has a cooling effect on the feet
The brand has several deodorizing products, but Odor X is considered a must-try. It is regarded as being one of the best shoe deodorizer options because of its efficiency, cost, and uses. It can cool the feet, while also helping eliminate the bad smells coming from different types of shoes. The product is easy to use, as you just have to wash and dry your feet before sprinkling the powder all over your toes, socks, and shoes.
This product is safe to use and can be applied every day or anytime you need to prevent or get rid of odors.
What may work for other people may not be the best for you, which is why you need to factor in your type of shoes, odor problems, and allergies, among others. Nonetheless, you can give a try to the odor zappers above to figure out which is the best shoe deodorizer for you. If you have any experience with the products above, share it with us in the comments section below.